The RRB Group D exam dates are announced with the release of the RRB Group D notification. The exam dates for RRB Group D are decided by the Railway Recruitment Board itself. The Railway Recruitment Board (RRBs) has announced the date of the RRB Group D exam for 2022, which will take place on June 30. The RRB Group D Exam 2022 will now be held from August 17th, 2022, in multiple shifts, according to the officials. There won’t be a second stage of the CBT for the CEN RRC, according to RRB’s notification (Level-1).
The important Railway Group D exam dates 2022 are given below:
RRC Group D Exam Date 2022
|RRB Group D Exam Events||RRB Group D Exam Dates|
|RRB Group D Start of Application Process||12th March 2019|
|RRB Group D Last date to Apply online||12th April 2019|
|RRB Group D Last Date for Fees Payment- Offline||18th April 2019|
|RRB Group D Last Date for Fees Payment- Online||23rd April 2019|
|RRB Group D Modification Link||15th to 26th December 2021|
|RRB Group D Release of Admit Card||13th August 2022|
|RRB Group D Written Exam Date||17th August 2022|
|RRB Group D Results||Yet to be Notified|
|RRB Group D PET/PST Dates||Yet to be Notified|
RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) Group D Exam Pattern
The Railway Recruitment Board has announced the exam pattern for RRB Group D in its official notification. As per the notification the RRB Group D Exam will take place in 3 stages:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification and Empanelling of Candidates
This article will give details about the RRB Group D Exam Pattern, which will help candidates to better understand how the exam works.
RRB Group D – Computer Based Test (CBT)
The Computer Based Test is the first stage that candidates need to pass before moving on to the next stage. The pattern of the CBT is as follows:
|RRB Group D Computer Based Test (CBT) Pattern|
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Science||25||25||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30||90 Minutes|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||20||20||90 Minutes|
Points to be noted for CBT stage:
- The examination duration will be 120 Minutes for eligible PwBD candidates accompanied with Scribe.
- The section wise distribution given in the above table is only indicative and there may be some variation in the actual question paper. There will be negative marking and 1/3 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR-40%, EWS-40%, OBC(Non-creamy layer)-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%.
- These percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates in case of shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
- Where a second stage CBT is deemed necessary and held, the Railway Administration reserves the right to treat the first stage CBT as a qualifying test for the purpose of short listing a reasonable number of candidates for the second stage.
To know more in detail about the topics asked for the exam, visit the RDRB Group Syllabus page.
RRB Group D – Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Candidates who pass the CBT will be called for the Physical Efficiency Test. The Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this ratio as required to ensure availability of adequate/reasonable number of candidates for all the notified posts.
There are certain criteria set for male and female candidates which are set by the Railway Recruitment Board. They are as follows:
|RRB Group D Physical Efficiency Test (PET) Criteria|
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
RRB Group D – Document Verification
The Document Verification is the final stage of the RRB Group D Exam. The following points must be kept in mind for the following stage:
- Based on the performance of candidates in CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options.
- These additional candidates will, however, be considered for empanelment only if there is a shortfall in empanelment from the merit list or/and as a replacement against the shortfall on account of not joining recommended candidates in the working post or/and any other special requirements.
- In case of two or more candidates securing the same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e., an older person shall be placed at higher merit, and in case of age being same, then alphabetical order (A to Z) of the name shall be taken into account to break the tie.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates, and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
RRB Group D Recruitment 2022- Summary
Railway Recruitment Board conducts RRB Group D Exam for various posts (Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant, Assistant Pointsman, Level-I posts) in the Railways. To know RRB Group D Exam in a better way, go through the brief as discussed in the below summary table.
|RRB Group D 2022: Exam Overview|
|Name of the Organization||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Job Role||Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant, Assistant Pointsman, Level-I posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Total Number of Vacancy||1,03,769|
|RRB Group D PET Exam Date||January 2023 (1st/2nd week)|
|Qualification for RRB Group D||12th (+2 Stage) / Any Graduates|
|RRB Group D Age Limit||18 to 30 Years / 18 to 33 Years|
|Selection for RRB Group D||Computer Based Test (CBT 1)
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Document Verification and Medical
RRB Group D 2022- Important Dates
RRB Group D exam date 2022 for Physical Efficiency Test has been announced. PET for the shortlisted candidates to be held in January 2023 (1st/2nd week) by the Railway Recruitment Board on its official website. Let’s have a look at the important dates for RRC Group D Level 1 Exam 2022.
|RRB Group D Events||Dates|
|RRB Group D Notification||12th March 2019|
|Online Application Process for RRB Group D||12th March- 12th April 2019|
|RRB Group D Application Status||25th July 2019|
|RRB Group D Modification Link||15th to 26th December 2021|
|RRB Group D City Intimation||9th August 2022|
|RRB Group D Admit Card||13th August 2022|
|RRB Group D CBT-1 Exam Date||17th August to 11th October 2022|
|RRB Group D Answer Key 2022||14th October 2022|
|RRB Group D CBT-1 Result 2022||December 2022|
|RRB Group D PET Dates||January 2023 (1st/2nd week)|
RRB Group D Admit Card
Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Various Zone Are Issued Railway Group D Admit Card in Month Of August 2022 Railway Start All Of Exam Railway. Railway Conduct Group D Exam in Month Of August 2022
|Railway Recruitment Board (RRC)|
Railway Group D Admit Card 2022
Advt. No. RRC- 01/2019
RRB Group D Application Status
RRB Group D Application Status Link has been active on 17th August 2022. The CBT examination is started from 17th August 2022. The application status link shall be active till the completion of the CBT examination
Step 1: Click the direct link given above.
Step 2: Select the region you have applied for.
Step 3: Enter your Registration No. & DOB.
Step 4: Put the given Captcha.
Step 5: Click ‘Login’.
Step 6: You will be able to see your Application Status.
Step 7: Alternatively, you can go RRB Official Website.
Step 8: Follow Steps 2 to 5.
RRB Group D Eligibility Criteria
Here is an overview of the RRB Group D Eligibility Criteria, which will be explained in detail further in this article.
RRB Group D Eligibility Criteria 2022
Must have cleared the Xth standard from a recognized board.
Number of Attempts
No fixed number of attempts if the candidate satisfies the eligibility criteria
No experience required
As per the notification, the railway board has set upper and lower age limit for RRB group D exam. Candidates willing to appear for the RRC level 1 examination must be from the age group 18 to 33 years.
Precisely, the RRB Group D age limit is as follows:
- Lower Age limit – 18 years
- Upper age limit – 33 years
The age limit of candidates appearing for RRC Level 1 examination is to be calculated from 1st July 2019. The date of birth of candidates applying for the exam should be between 1st July 2019 and the dates given below (both inclusive):
|RRB Group D Age Limit – Age group 18 – 33 years|
|Upper Limit of Date of Birth- Not Before||Lower limit of Date of Birth – Not After||Remarks|
|Unreserved||OBC- Non-Creamy Layer||SC/ST||For All Category and community||Candidates belonging to Communities or categories shall be eligible for age relaxation as applicable. Note. The date of birth limits for SC/ST & OBC NCL includes community age relaxation.|
|July 2 1986||July 2 1983||July 2 1981||July 1st 2001|
The RRB Group D age limit given above gives certain relaxation to candidates belonging to reserved categories.
RRB Group D Education Qualification
The railway board has set a minimum level of education qualification that a candidate must possess in order to appear for the RRB Group D level 1 examination.
A candidate who wishes to appear for Group D Railway exam must have:
- Class 10th pass certificate OR
- ITI degree or diploma
RRB Group D Medical Standard
Like educational qualification, the railway board has prescribed the RRB Group D medical requisites in the notification. Candidates who are called for DV – document verification have to pass the required medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration.